CarHopper’s Luxury Market Guide to New York, NY
Everyone knows there are plenty of things to do in New York, including museums to see, such as the National 9/11 Memorial & Museum, highlighting the triumph of good over evil, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art. As for sports, there are the Mets and Yankees for baseball, the Giants and Jets of the NFL, the New York Knicks of the NBA, and the Rangers of the NHL. There’s the Empire State Building, which was once the tallest building in the world, Radio City Music Hall, and the Statue of Liberty, which has been a constant reminder of the freedoms Americans have that others don’t. New York is also known for its fine restaurants and hotels.
What is the best way to get around New York, however? This guide will describe a few of the many exciting things to do and how you can enjoy a luxury car rental or exotic car rental from CarHopper to enjoy your trip in style.
Some of the Best Things to See in New York
- Statue of Liberty–This copper statue, a gift from France, was dedicated October 28, 1886. The statue of a robed woman with a torch above her head in her right hand, and in her left hand carries a tablet with handles, or tabula ansata. The statue is inscribed with the Roman numerals JULY IV MDCCLXXVI, which represent July 4, 1776, the date of the Declaration of Independence. There is a broken chain at the feet, and the statue has symbolized freedom and welcomed immigrants to the United States.
- The National 9/11 Memorial and Museum— this museum and memorial commemorate the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the United States, which killed 2,997 people, and the World Trade Center bombing in 1993, which killed six. The memorial is actually where the former Twin Towers of the World Trade Center once stood, before the September 11 attacks.
- The Empire State Building–This world-famous, 102 story building, was once the tallest in the world. It offers 360-degree views of New York City and beyond. It is still the fifth tallest skyscraper in the United States and the 35th in the world.
- Manhattan Skyline–New York has more than 6,486 buildings more than 114 feet and at least 113 higher than 600 feet.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art–is known as one of the finest and largest museums of art in the world and is the second most visited museum in the world, with more than seven million visitors annually. It has more than two million works, including paintings and sculptures.
- Radio City Music Hall–This entertainment center is nicknamed the “showplace of the nation.” Since its opening, it has had more than 300 million visitors, who came to see concerts, shows, movies, and special events. Many say there is no place like it to see an entertainment event.
New York Hotels are Some of the Best Around
New York City is known for having some of the best hotels anywhere. Some of the best known are:
- The Greenwich Hotel, a five-star establishment, is known for its Moroccan-tiled bathrooms, fine Tibetan silk rugs, luxurious room amenities, including iPod docking stations, flat-screen TVs, and stocked minibars. Visitors also rate its Locanda Verde Restaurant, Shibui spa, and pool highly.
- The Lowell Hotel, a five-star hotel, is near to iconic attractions, and well-known department stores. It is also known for its white, cream and gold color scheme, flat screen televisions, down comforters, free Wi-Fi access, and afternoon tea time, which includes Devonshire cream-topped scones and finger sandwiches.
- Crosby Street Hotel, is a five-star hotel which serves American and British food in the Crosby Bar, has spacious bathrooms with oak, granite, and glass, flat-screen televisions, warehouse-style windows, stunning city views, elegant furnishings, Wi-Fi, and iPod docking stations.
- The St. Regis, is another five-star hotel that is known as a landmark, with modern conveniences and Old World glamour. It has custom-made furnishings, opulent silk wall coverings, Bose sound systems, fancy toiletries, and other features.
There are too many fine restaurants in New York to list a large number, but three of note include:
- Café Altro Paradiso is simple, with fare such as a plate of salami with chunks of Parmesan. Don’t be fooled by that or something as simple as a fennel salad, with Castelveltrano olives and provolone cheese. The food is great, and the atmosphere includes high ceilings and brass fixtures.
- Roberta’s was known from its opening for its innovate pizzas and has become an institution, popular with residents and tourists. Favorites include the Bee Sting, with honey, chili oil, and pepperoni, and the Famous Original, with tomato, herbs, and three kinds of cheese. Seasonal pizzas are topped with such items as brussel sprouts, cured speck, and crimini mushrooms.
- Le Coucou has white tablecloths, and Chef Daniel Rose is an American who’s won critical acclaim in Paris for his cooking at restaurants Spring and La Bourse et La Vie. He is known for lobster salad with his Lauris sauce for dipping, and veal terrine with pickled milkweed pods, not the traditional cornichons. He’s also known for his fabulous desserts, including vanilla custard, with cherries and red wine.
- The Output is known for having the Funktion-One, one of the best sound systems in the world, and different DJ’s nightly, each with a big following. The dance floor is huge but intimate.
- The Black Flamingo actually doesn’t feel like a club, even though it is. It doesn’t have an outrageous cover price or obnoxious doorman. You will see palm trees, pink flamingo drink stirrers, and a 70-person-capacity downstairs dance den.
- One Oak, is the preferred club of the luxury traveler for years.
Enjoy Your Stay in New York With a Luxurious Vehicle from CarHopper
The Bentley Bentayaga is by far the most powerful SUV ever made.
No trip to New York would be complete without an exotic or luxury car rental to round out the experience. Whether you want a convertible, SUV, or a sedan, you can find it on our website at carhopper.co or in our IOS and Google Store applications. Here are some suggestions, but it you don’t see what you want, feel free to do a search:
- The Rolls Royce Ghost is nearly 18 feet long and absolutely incredible to see. It has 563 horsepower, with a turbocharged V12. Few people will ever drive such a luxurious car, but you’ll be glad if you do.
- The Porsche 911 is iconic and offers exceptional performance, as well as luxury and beauty.
- The Bentley Bentayaga goes from 0 to 60 in four seconds. It is by far the most powerful SUV ever made. You have many color options and entertainment choices that let your passengers watch television, videos, use video streaming or place a video call.
We have cars that will fit every experience. We update our website regularly, so if you see something you want, in New York or in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Miami, and the Hamptons it is available. For more information, feel free to contact us.